I used to love winter weather, dreaming of big coats, chilly nights in with mugs of tea and a book, cursing at the first sign of spring. Something changed this year though, we're only 10 days into winter and I'm already "sick af' of these frosty mornings, icy winds and the sun setting before I've left the office. However here are some of my favourite winter beauty 'pick me ups'. When it comes to getting ready on winter mornings, 10 extra minutes under the duvet > extensive beauty routines.
1. KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II and Bow'n'Arrow. The most comfortable formula ever, introduced to me by bff Danielle. Lolita II is my favourite 'my lips but so much better' shade, and Bow'n'Arrow is a perfect neutral nude.
2. Colourpop Supershock Shadows in Lala, Alchemy, and Nillionaire. I am SO lazy when it comes to eye makeup, especially in winter. These velvety, cream to powder shadows are amazing, so easy to wear. All I need to do, is just dab it on lightly with my fingers and blend it out (more likely than not, with my fingers).
3. Dr Brandt Pores No More Primer, my go-to 'over my base' pore filler. It's not 'perfect' but it also doesn't make me feel like I'm just pizza face waiting to happen.
4. Sephora Long Wear Lip Colour in Petal and Magenta Lustre, a KVD dupe for me, but cheap enough for me to get 'novelty' colours like PINK and PINKER lol. But honestly, I wore these to Coachella so they give me 'chella memz' and good vibes on bad mornings.
5. Colourpop Highlighter in Wisp. My absolute favourite cream highlighter, the most natural but 'gleamy' finish. I can even wear this with no base at all and it blends seamlessly.
6. Glossier Balm I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID EARLIER. These are actually the balmdotcom, if you can get past the scent.
7. Chanel Vitalumiere Pressed Powder I've talked about this before I am sure. It's my only 'touch up' compact I've ever used since I finished high school. The most natural finish, with a nice semi-sheer matte pigment that never gets cakey. An absolutely G when it comes to after work-pre going out transformations in the fluro-lit bathrooms. They have sadly discontinued it but it's all good I've got 3 of these hoarded up at home.